The #HighlySoughtAfter Talk Show
15. How to grow your social media influence and become a force for good in this world – Chris Do
August 03, 2021
Do you want to know how to grow your social media influence and become a force for good in this world. If so, you’re in for a treat!
Mark my words. This episode is going to be one of the best because my guest is the epitome of what it means to be highly sought after. His name is Chris Do. He runs an Emmy award winning brand consultancy for over 25 years and has worked with well-known brands like Google, McDonald’s, Audi and PlayStation.
With more than 1 million subscribers across all his social media platforms, Chris today teaches the world how to value themselves and communicate their value to others through his online education platform, The Futur.
Strap in and enjoy the interview as you’re about to learn how to skyrocket your influence using social media while becoming a force for good along the way.
If you’re a content creator or entrepreneur building your personal brand on social media, listen in at 43:17 where Chris shares his content creation process, including two things you can implement immediately to get inspired to create new content.
Also listen out for Chris’ answers to the following questions:
- Chris, you have been in the creative industry for more than 25 years and today you are a big name not just with the creatives but also with entrepreneurs worldwide. What were some of the key inflection points during your 25 years journey? – 1:31
- What led you to join graphic design and to decide that you want to make a living out of creative work? – 6:54
- How do you know when you are a person of influence? Are there certain metrics to know if someone is influential? – 13:20
- How can we find out differentiation? Is there a certain thought process that can lead there? – 15:55
- Remember the Chris that produced a video with 50 views. Now the Chris is producing videos with views of 1.7 million views. Has that changed your approach in creating content, or anything about you? – 23:04
- Do you think being an introvert has been an advantage for you in building your influence? – 25:34
- There is a lot of free information out there, a lot of how-to strategies, ideas, podcasts. Why is it with so much information out there, why are not all people there yet? – 28:56
- How can we help ourselves be more teachable and less defensive to new ideas? – 31:12
- How can he help those that are not willing to invest in learning? - 36:36
- In your book, A Pocket Full of Do, under Marketing, you advise us to be a “T-shaped person”: develop deep expertise in one area of focus but have wide interests outside our area of expertise. How does being a T-person help you in marketing? 41:02
- What is your content creation process? – 43:17
- In your team, do you have a certain process on how you differentiate your videos from another person talking on the same topic? - 45:57
- Chris has a very big vision, and his mission is to inspire and teach 1 billion people and that’s being a huge force for good. How did you arrive at such an inspiring mission? - 56:51
- What do you think is your biggest challenge right now as you reach this 1 billion goal? - 1:00:56
If you want to keep in touch with Chris, you can reach him on Instagram @thechrisdo.
Read these books to become highly sought after in your own industry -> www.pickericsbrain.com
Thank you for listening to this episode of #HighlySoughtAfter!
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me hit the ‘subscribe’ button if you’re listening on Apple Podcasts or hit the ‘follow’ button if you are listening on Spotify.
I would also love to hear your biggest takeaway from this episode! Here’s how: take a screenshot of you listening to #HighlySoughtAfter and tag me on Instagram. My handle is @ericgoesglobal. This way, I can personally thank you!